Wednesday, April 22, 2015

10 things a girl thinks about taking a first solo trip



1.  Safety, safety, safety!!!
Am I carrying enough safety pins :P

2.  People management.
Family, friends and your partner. As they say, “Aise kaun jaata hai!”

3.  Costly havens v/s backpackers huts.
Aiyyo! You know you can pick that n starred resort, but you must not!

4.  Should I carry more/less?
Backpacking is quite different from planning your wardrobe itenary for a vacation ain’t it !

5.  Sufficient planning v/s going spontaneous.
Have I read enough about the place? Is it ok to hire tour agents? Somebody lend notes please!

6.  Social media boasting.
Would it reduce the authenticity/spirituality of the trip?
Chuck it! :D

7.   Defining boundaries.
Is it about “Hanji I have reached here” trip, or to go completely off the radar

8.  Entertainment stock check.
     Music check, books check, movies check, Jenga check.
     Take that ‘spending time alone doing nothing’ advice, with a pinch
     of salt!

9.  Deliberation.
     Was it a good idea? Is it the best use of finances and time? Since when have I been 
     the best of decision makers!

And lastly but most importantly,

10. Who will click my pretty pictures??


Here is a song for you by Stella Starlight, Should I stay or Should I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment